Health is a dynamic state of wellbeing. Healthcare providers and researchers have long believed that changes in our saliva record our ongoing state-of-health story. This encrypted source of individual truth, and how to best use it, delivers us all a quicker path to informed decisions and treatments free of adverse reactions.
Interestingly, saliva acts as a wide resource of genomic information useful for identifying and monitoring in real-time a disease as well as its state of progression. Saliva analysis looks at the cellular level, the biologically active compounds, making it a true representative of what is clinically relevant.
Spectrum’s technically-superior saliva collection systems have not only been engineered to lead the saliva collection industry in molecular diagnostics and clinical research applications but deliver the safest, most robust biomaterial for the earliest detection and diagnosis of disease and infection.
- Saliva provides the earliest path to critical detection and diagnosis
- Saliva contains the entire library of proteins, hormones, antibodies, and other molecular compounds measured in routine blood tests
- First EUA authorized saliva collection device for COVID-19 testing & authorized device for direct-to-patient at-home sample self-collection
- Used in supervised & unsupervised sample collection LDT workflows of symptomatic & asymptomatic users
- Pain-free, non-invasive, & safe – ideal for those needing frequent & repeat testing
- In-device live virus inactivation at ambient temps (COVID-19 EUA validated data)
- Eliminates hooded containment of samples arriving at the testing lab
- No temperature-controlled storage or transport of collected saliva samples
- Single device for DNA & viral RNA applications
- Safest collection approach & most robust biomaterial for detecting COVID-19
- Delivers 99.998% highest levels of testing accuracy & sensitivity
- Formulation identifies infections at its earliest stage from as few as 200 copies/ml (lateral flow rapid tests need 10,000-20,000 copies/ml)
- A single preserved saliva sample provides opportunity for multiple tests
- Over two weeks of post-collection stability with no degradation in sample efficacy
- System maintains critical bio-sample consistency
- Mass-testing scalability & easy device integration using validated and supported processes
- Mitigates any risk of infection throughout the testing process
- Pinpoint life-cycle stage of active viral infection
- Eliminates UN3373 shipping designation with clearance from USPS, FedEx, & UPS
- Delivers the highest levels of testing accuracy using qualified extraction chemistries